My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

nerve test

Wellm I've had MS for a bit over a year and until now, had managed to avoid this particular hell! Imagine, if you will, having electric shocks on multiple places on your hand and arm, then, as if that weren't enough, the Doc sticks a needle in your arm and digs around to find the nerve, then listens to it, and makes you move your hand to make the noises louder...then moves the needle to other placs on your arm, then on your hand! Then, as if that weren't enough either...rolls you on your side and poked said needle in your neck! not once, but twice!!! Then does the same for your other arm, I guess so it won't feel left out!!!!
THEN, he does the same for your legs!!!
Wow! What fun, eh?
He did tell me that I now have confirmed carpal tunnel on both hands and something, but he didn't yet know what, "chronic" in my lower back. Yeah, I figured, with my scholiosis, he's bound to find something! I won't know the rest, or how bad the carpal tunner is, until he has read and interpreted the results. This test was called somethiing like the Evoked Neurological Response test or something akin to that...
What other new Fun will I have with MS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home