My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Hair

Funny thing is, my hair *used* to be very, very curly and frizzy. What one of my hairdressers called "hurricane hair", meaning, it took a hurricane to move it. I called it "poodle hair" and often qestioned Mother about my ethnicity. She thought I was joking. I got tired of everyone telling me that they would "love" having my curls...except they weren't curls, they were frizzes. I would tell them "yeah, but it's not like a perm, if you don't like it, it doesn't grow out". I finally got used to it, always wanting, though, wavey hair. Now with the advent of MS, for some reason, my hair has changed...note the pic Robbin took. It has streaks of silver, very bright silver (not gray, silver like threads) and the rest has gone all dark brown, none of the red that used to highlight it. Yes, I did use color after some years, but mostly to cover gray, the color was what *used* to grow out of my head.. Now it looks like I had very dark brown, almost black, hair. Since I was a wheat blonde as a child, I find this hair evolution very intersing. And now the curl has relaxed to waves, and the frizz, gone. I have no clue as to why, but I like it!
My MS has been behaving of late, passed my one year anniversary of diagnosis. I can walk, but driving is now pretty much a thing of the past :-( at least until we get another vehicle that is easier tog et into and drive for me. I went to the Dr by myself the other day, and ended up with a headache that was killer, and had to drive myself home. I was safe enough, but felt like I was going to pass out by the time I drove up to the house. Rob was very worried, felt he should have insisted on going with me. I guess I'll have to relent and let him drive from now on. So much for "freedom".
The Pope...what can I say? He was a very beloved man. He would possibly be amused by the outpouring of love that is going on in the streets of Rome.
He might be horrified by it, or honored. Honoring him is the intention...but he was a very humble man (for a Pope). I did not always agree with him, but then I'm not a Catholic, so I didn't have to. No-one knows what really happend after Death takes us, so, if we create our own reality in Life, who is to say that we don't do it after Death as well? So maybe, hopefully, he is resting in the arms of the Jesus he so loved. All I do know, is we all watched him go from a robust man to a man in so much pain...and I am glad his end was a peaceful one. He deserved that. He's going to be a hard act to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home