My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Scan

Well, ysterday I went in for what was *supposed* to be a sonigram, and te nurse came out and said "We've decided to do a cat scan instead, called your Dr and He ok'd it" Oh? Well, aaalllrighty then...so then I have to drink this absolutely horrid stuff, and LOTS of it, "so they can get a better picture" I assume it was some sort or barium, it was hard to keep down...Then I have to wait 45 mins so it can go through my intestinal track (smile for the camera!). THEN, while I am signing the release form, they inform me that thry're ALSO going to inject iodine into my arm! Wel! All this on a hitherto empty stomach mind you... SO I assume the position and they do their stuff, and I call Rob to come get me. I felt, well, not so good. For one thing, this is to look to see if I have a hernia. My MS hug is almost not allowing me to breathe it is so strong...you see, my Grandfather died of complications following Hernia surgery...so needless to say, I am somewhat apprehensive. Yes, I know that particular procedure has come a long way since then, and *if* I even have one it is probably not the same kind he had...but still...
SO we came home, I took my meds and went back to bed, where I stayed most of the day. I awoke to find Rob preparing dinner, what a love...we had a very nice dinner (broiled steak and couscous with a salad), I took more meds and watched some TV then went to bed. I am still tired today. I shouldn't be, I've mostly slept for the last two days, but I could go back to bed and be asleep in minutes, I'm sure.
So now there's nothing else to do but await the results...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home