My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, January 31, 2005

School

Well Today is a Hallmark day for the Michels' family. Robbin is finally going to school. He's starting in the second grade. They still don't really know what to do with him but they're going to "vamp" till they figure it out. They say reading classes will be a problem, his reading skills exceed anything the school can provide. They say their reading challenges only go up to the 6th grade and he is already beyond that (guess we've been doing Something right)
Robbin is considered "high-functioning autistic", no learning disability apparent. Let me tell you a little about my son. He was born when I was 43 years "old". He was a surprise, and the best surprise ever in my life! When he was 18 months he got the MMR vaccine. Within a few days he was admitted to the Hospital with a high, spikey fever and an "undiagnosed virus". During the 5 days he was there I never left his side. I became so ill that when he was released they had to take ME to the car in a wheelchair, I was too sick to walk. But he recovered just fine, except that he did not speak a word until he was 4 1/2. He made noises, laughed, cried, but no speech. His first words were "I Love you" to me. Then it was my turn to cry. Of course now he is the total chatterbox! He is still learning to express things like feelings, and the concept of I-ME-MY is still needing work , He'll say Robbin is happy, not *I* am happy. We've been homeschooling him, waiting to be finally settled in a place where he can stay in the same school, not wanting him to have to adjust and readjust to new schools...seeking stability in his life. So finally we've done it, and he started school today. He came home crying his little eyes out, he didn't want to leave school to come home!!! Tomorrow will be his first whole day (today was just for introduction). My baby... a second grader!!!
I'm not to worried about it now that he's ben and Rob has scoped it all out, there are 4 kids in his class and they have 1 teacher and 2 aids, so he will be supervised the whole time. They want to mainstream hin for some classes but there will be an aid with him the whole time. You see, one of the things about Robbin is he has no concept of "danger", if a stranger approached him he would go with him. He would not think it was anything but a game until he was hurt or worse, and their is so far no way to teach him NOT to go, that there is Danger there...he just doesn't understand it. That was MY fear, that he would not have someone the whole time with him, well, that is being put to rest, they will have someone with him every minute he is at school. Heck, it has taken us this long to get that crossing the road alone is a no-no! I think this will be good for him, now to keep MY nerves in check LOL!!! And No, he will NOT be going in the us, Rob will walk him to and from school, it is not very far from here, another reason I like this place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pimple scar removal natural

Have a look at my web site :: Lost River scar removal

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home