My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Exascerbation

I am having a bit of one, not as bad as the last one (at least not yet) but I have the "hug", and twice I awoke in the middle of the night shaking like a leaf. Almost like I were hypothermic, but I was not that cold. I was cold, but certainly not cold enough to be shaking like that!!! It was strange enough to feel cold, I was in bed with two comforters and my sweet bedwarmer next to me, and it was about 65* which is usually perfect for me. So why the shakes? Also, the soles of my feet are quite numb, and my hands are having a tendency to go numb. And insomnia. And PAIN. I hurt. I just ache all over lke I had a fever (fever...cold..make up your mind!!) I went shopping yesterday with Rob and by the time he put the groceries in the truck it was all over for me, I didn't even have enough left to go to the chinese buffet...now you have to know THAT is Serious!!!!
I shamlessly stole this from another MS'er..the notion of "energy coins" When I awake, I have a finite number of energy coins to spend for that day, and when they're gone, they're gone, so I have to be choosy about where I spend them for that day. Rob *jokes* that he can hear the last coin drop...and he is invariably right...I am SO glad my neuro appt is next Tuesday.
Well I'm off to bed again. Got to rest a bit more. I could not sleep last night, I think I got about 2-3 hours...I'm going to take some valerian and eat a banana and curl up in bed for probably the rest of the day.
Later...same day. I took 2 valerian and ate a banana and slept until now. I feel quite a bit better, still have the tingling and the "hug" and all that, but feel less pain and more rested. Still not up to Marathons though...but better.
Same day. I got it together to make dinner...but do you thing I could *eat* it? Not on my life. I just sat and looked at it and eventually put it in the fridge. Am I hungry? All I have eaten today is the aforementioned banana. And that was hours ago. I HATE wasting food, it goes SO against my Cancerian nature...but I just can't do it, I just can't bring that food to my mouth. Is it physical, mental or emotional? Yes. Sorry to say but if I had a toke I'd probably clean my plate, but as it is the only way I can clean it is to dump it. Eggs Benedict with Country Ham no less...and you cannot reheat a poached egg...crap. Rob said his was delicious but so filling he cannot eat mine too (a least it would not be wasted) (And those were my last two eggs) Crap. I'm going to see if Robbin will eat it. Great, he says he's not hungry either. Crap. Rob put it in front of him to try it anyway. Please let him eat it.
Oh YAY He ate aboout half~ Now I feel beter about it, at least it wasn't wasted. I will try to get something before I go to bed. Maybe some soup? IF nothing else, I am chugging down juice...mostly V8 & grapefruit.
Nighty Night now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home