My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Open MRI

Well, I've been poked, prodded, pierced, punctured, buttered and bar-b-qued. Now to await the results. Yes, yesterday I had the open MRI as well as bloodwork, yay me. Actually, the open MRI was a lot easier then the closed one, I was able to have my knees elevated which made it, and ME, way more comfortable then the closed one. I actually snoozed!!!! Strange thing is, I could *feel* the magnet revolving around my brain, I could feel it "dissecting" me, bit by bit. Not uncomfortable, mind you, but very, very strange...
And I'm back on the Copaxone, Rob *just* gave me the first shot...woohoo, can't you feel the electricity? I'm also on a new pain med, new for me anyway...Ultraset...I took one last night and I feel pretty good today. I slept well, actually rested. Most times my sleep is not restful, too busy in my dreams, I awake exhausted. But last night I did rest. That helps...immensely.
I also have a new game I'm playing, SIMS2. It is absurdly addicting. You basically play God, creating your SIMS and controlling practically every aspect of their lives, from what job to take to when to take a leak (or mop up one LOL) I have the first SIMS games, usually play SIMS Making Magic. This is totally different, much more challenging. Much more involved. I spend so much time on the PC that it helps to have something fun to play...I've been playing Diablo for years, time for something a little less violent, more mellow. Oh yes I DO still play Diablo, but less. I also love the arcade type of game, Love Zuma, I find it very relaxing, and I Do firmly believe that game playing keeps the mind sharper, and Lordy knows mine needs all the help it can get LOL. I think the games also help with manual dexterity. I want to keep as sharp as I can, I know I've lost brain points over the years, I used to know a thousand jokes and now I hardly remember any. I used to pun all the time, now I feel great if I come up with almost anything witty, when I get a laugh it feels wonderful. Makes me feel a bit like the old ME. I miss me. I know I'll probably never get *me* back, but I can work on not losing any more of *me*
That's also why I write. Maybe some of my memories will surface and be saved for when I cannot remember them anymore, and this way my son can know a bit more about who Mommy is, and was. I don't know if anyone reads this, certainly nobody has posted a comment. But it really doesn't matter, I write for ME and for Robbin. And if anyone else is interested enough to slough through all this, I'd love it. And if perchance they learn something, then I am Honored to have ben able to pass it on.

1 Comments:

Blogger SuetheRaven said...

Hi Akiba. Its Sue here. Thanks for the email. And for this blog...and yes...it certainly is a wierd word!! Do you know where it came from?? Anyway, its very interesting to get a peephole this way into someone else's life experience... especially one with such a dramatic tone(re illness). Not that I get some voyeuristic thrill...just that having experienced illness in a different way, I am very curious as to what others go through. (I've never had to undergo an MRI). (and it sounds so much fun!!!) I think you are very brave.

By the way, I don't know how you used to be but as far as I can see you still have a wicked sense of humour.

Hey...the other night, before I had recieved your email...I dreamed that I went to visit you and Rob in the States...my kids were there with me....much younger. I really enjoyed the visit...you and I chatted and drank tea while the kids played outside. (Thanks for the tea.) Then suddenly I realized my return flight was leaving in half an hour and I was in a major rush so Rob offered to take us to the airport. As I drove Rob sat behind me in the car and spoke to me all the way there...basically gave me a reading ...telling all kinds of stuff about my life and my relatiionship patterns etc. As I woke up it all faded away very quickly and I can only remember the gist of it. (I hope/figure I got it on another level.)

So thanks Rob. (tee hee). Anyway...good luck with everything...I will keep reading your postings.

Lots of love,

P.S. I am sure you know...but several people I know have found acupuncture really helpful with MS. (pain relief etc)

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home