My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

So much for Hallmark

Well it seems Robbin will be homeschooled after all. They just don't know what to do with him. There is no "box" to put him in. He has learned more then they can teach, and is SO far ahead of the rest of his class it isn't even funny. They can't mainstream him, and there is no way he fits in the autism class. They put him in the music room and he sat down and started playing. The teacher could not believe he's never has lessons. He excells in everything they throw at him. SO now they've just out and told us they can't have him in class. So now we have to call the school district and tell them he's being homeschooled. Rob will take him to the library and he can learn there, and bring home books and tapes for home study. I'm going to look and see if there are any local homeschooling groups, if there aren't, I might have to start one. That way he can socialize and make friends.
As far as MS...these Copaxone shots are not only NOT doing anything for me, they seem to be making me worse. After the shot, I have to sleep, and sometimes I get shooting pains, yesterday the room started spinning like I was drunk. The Dr. has bumped up my appt to the 10th, and I will talk to him then, hope he can change the script to something else. I think at this point the only thing left is the new kid on the block...Tysambri. I hope it works, and he puts me on it. My bathroom control is also compromised in Copaxone, I have great control otherwise, but in the shots I don't have such good control. When I gotta go, I gotta go NOW, and without the drug I am totally normal with my control. I don't care for that aspect of it, either.
Today it's snowing, the prettiest snow, too! Big fluffy flakes...I don't mind because it's supposed to go up to the 50's in the next day or so...so I'm just enjoying the Currier & Ives view outside:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home