My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

SPAM

I don't know about you, but I like Spam. NOT the stuff that comes to my inbox, the strange pink stuff we eat. I got some today while shopping, always good to have a can on hand for emergencies...So, it is Rob's gaming night and I got out a box of mac 'n cheese, since Robbin and I are *it* for dinner I thought I'd cater to 9-year-old tastes. Robbin just went into the kitchen and saw the ingredients for dinner (mac 'n cheese with cubed Spam) and I thought he was going to explode, or implode, with pure joy!!! My Father was a Navy Commander, is buried in Arlington, and was shot down several times. The ONLY thing he would not eat after floating in enemy waters for a week, existing on raw fish (of course now Sushi is expensive LOL) and a raw seagull he was able to shoot, was....SPAM. Wouldn't touch it. They told him if he was shot down one more time they'd declare him a Japanese ace ROFL!
I guess I must have a touch of Hawaiian in me somewhere as they are the world's biggest consumers of Spam.
Oh, and mac 'n cheese, other things I add from time to time are: a can or corn, or a can of diced tomatoes. And I always bake it.
Snow...we used to live in Watertown, Robbin was born there, and I am SO SO SO glad we're not there now!!! We also lived in Rome, another place that is buried in snow right now. Rob was born in Central Square, right outside of Syracuse, so our "history" from that area is long, but I'm glad we're missing this particular event...we had the ice storm of '98 when Robbin was 3 months old, went without power for 21 days. We had to go to Rob's Grandmother's place in Syracuse to make it through, especially with an infant...SO nice to be in WV right now! :-)
Anna Nicole...seems death really does bring out the ugly in people. eh? That poor little baby...

2 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Finally! A fellow sybarite who understands the epicurean delight of that oft maligned manna from the Hinterlands of Hormel Minnesota.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

MDMHvonPA, you're incorrigible; an inveterate eater of mystery meats.

I shudder at the thought of what an X-Ray of your colon would look like. :-)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home