My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, December 08, 2006

What's the Buzz..

Tell me what's a-happening, What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening...(Ok, so Ted Neeley ROCKS!!!)
Anywhoo, the Bees are here, we did the test sting and I'm Ok, so we have the go-ahead to continue. Tried two stings on the lower spine the first day, and one on the right knee (the bad one) yesterday. And I Do notice a difference, especially on the knee. So today I might try the knee again and if I'm feeling brave, the back again, a bit higher this time.
The bees came in a surprisingly small, wooden box. I have to spread a bit of honey over the openings daily to feed them, there is a small hole we put over the bees themselves, when one crawls out, capture it and sting away!
I have quit neurontin and lyrica. I will continue with LDN, though. And most of the supplements as well.
This holiday season is being very rough for me. Robbin is SO excited about Christmas, it is SO hard to tell him that we really cannot afford a tree, and even if we could, we have no decorations for it, not a single strand of lights. And even worse, nothing to put under it. If I could, I'd have this place all decorated, lights and bows and ribbons everywhere, but I simply can't, and I think it breaks MY heart more then it does his. Ah the resiliance of youth. So I'll do the only thing I Can do, I'll make a splendid Christmas dinner, we have three rabbits that will be ready, Rob will dress them out and I'll cook them the same way I did the turkey, over the fire in the cast-iron dutch oven.
I'll make gravy and a yorkshire pudding and veggies and something for dessert. Food I can do (we get help with that)

1 Comments:

Blogger TheyDHD said...

Glad to hear the bees are doing you some good! :D

Greenery can be had by salvaging fallen bits from the tree lots. At least you can get some needles to add to a few pinecones and red beads in a bowl for festiveness. Heck, I even have pinecones I can send you that we gathered this fall...

Bake a loaf of bread or three in different baskets (flour well) or shapes and freeze for 24 hours without any packaging. Remove from freezer and let thaw naturally. Display with candles on a table in the kitchen or dining room.

Bring out the oil lanterns and light in the evenings for a warm "fireplace effect"

Speaking of fireplaces, if you don't have one, some brown paper grocery bags, newspaper, milk crates, a chunk of plywood, some cardboard, tissue paper, and some paints can do wonders to fix that problem (and make a nice fake fire too!)

We don't buy trees either, but we have this lovely bush outside, and we string cranberries and air-popped popcorn all over it for the birds and squirrels. We also save our fat from cooking and mix it with a bit of peanut butter and birdseed and make suetballs.

Hard candy is cheap & easy to make, and makes great decorations around the house and gifts too!). Make lollipops, candy drops, whatever you'd like, and wrap in plastic wrap. (We have lollipops stuck in the indoor planters right now to dress up the plants.) Small candies look great made into a wreath made out of string and a coathanger too...

Thought of asking for anything on your local Freecycle(tm)?

And remember, as long as you are together, he'll remember this as well as all the other holidays of his youth, as a great time when you were all together to celebrate in love.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home