My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Of Late

Well, last week Rob went up to Maine and helped a friend move...here. For now at least. She has been through a lot in the last few years and needed someone to give her a second chance in life, so we are. She is a tremendous help around the house, as she is a cleaning Queen! I don't ask, never would, but she says it is therapeutic for her so she just jumps in and does it (YAY YAY YAY!!) She is going to stay as long as she needs, and is already applying for jobs..won't take her long to land one, either.
Other then that...I made Thanksgiving dinner...we roasted a 14 lb turkey in my large cast iron dutch oven, in the fireplace! I added yams, 'taters, stuck a large vidalia onion in the turkey, and a couple of cans of corn for the sweetness and the liquid. It came out AWESOME! I also made stuffing (not from a box, either), rolls, cranberry sauce, and a double sized pumpkin pie. It all came out Dee-Luscious! I was, unfortunately, in So much pain by the time it was all done that I couldn't eat, not for hours...I took Motrin, yay, but it could barely touch it.
Then I heard her talking to Rob about BVT and how it helped her, so we talked, she stung herself for years (BVT is bee venom therapy, or bee sting therapy)SO I looked it up and what is it's main application? MS!!!
So I'm going to try it. Oh I know the stings hurt, but like she said, the pain from the sting is nothing compared with the pain relief it offers. I'll take anything that helps at this point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea to cook the turkey with the Vidalia Onion like that!

Wendy Brannen
Executive Director
Vidalia Onion Committee
www.vidaliaonion.org

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home