My Photo
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year! *sorta*

I've already blown the healthy New Year...big time!
Let me start this saga on the 31st. Rob was supposed to go do Readings and Healings at a party way down below D.C., about 100 miles away. We awoke to find the power out! He needed to mapquest his route, so after getting a good fire going and chopping enough wood for Robbin and I to stay warm, he went over to Mikey's to shower (no power = no water, no pump!) and get ready for his "gig". He was very worried about leaving us. I told him I'm a big girl and can take care of us, so go, have fun! I had a 9 lb. leg of lamb to cook, so before he left I had him set up the grill, I put the lamb in a roaster and set it in to cook on as low a heat as I could. BTW it turned out AWESOME and only took about 1 1/2 Hours to cook, now a 9 lb. leg should take at least 3 hours in the oven so I'm glad I was keeping an eye on it!
So, Off Rob goes...Power came back on at about 1, and cable at about 5, so I let Robbin stay up till midnight to see 2007 come in, then off to bed!Now, however, even though the power was back on, the water wasn't. The pump needed priming and I had No Clue how to do it.
Ok, it is the morning of the 1st. Robbin wakes up. I hear him downstairs, he is coughing, gagging...I had him come in with me, he is quite ill. I don't know if it was stomach flu, which he could have been exposed to, or e-coli, since he had eaten some salad the day before. He lies down with me and goes to sleep, but first he dribbled some saliva on my shoulder (eewww).
Well, about an hour later, while he was still sleeping next to me, my stomach went berserk. I barely made it to the kitchen and, well, made a mess in the sink (with the water out there had been no flushing and I was damned if I was going to hang my face over that toilet!!!). I have never had anything take me down so hard, so fast, so totally. I have never ever heaved that intensely! At one time I was heaving so hard I could not catch my as I tried to keep from passing out, I think the only thing that gave me the stamina to Not pass out was the thought that they'd find me *out* on the kitchen floor, covered with puke and stark nekkid (I didn't have time to put on anything on my way there, it hit too fast)...I spent the rest of the day sleeping, waking, spewing and pooping (of course the lower end had to have it's say about this!). Finally Rob came home to a total mess! Both of us sick, no water, spew in the sink, and Robbin's bed a total mess (apparently he blew big time in it before he came downstairs). He got the water going. Both of us were severely dehydrated so we both had water to drink. I had some o.j. in the fridge but I wasn't sure if adding acid to the mix in out tummies would not make it worse. Then we started feeling better, but it has still taken till today to be back on our feet! I;m still not sure about Robbin, I don't think he has eaten anything, he says he has but there is no evidence in the kitchen. So I gave him some saltines, he is eating them. YAY!
I am actually drinking coffee, so far so good, I had nothing to eat or drink except for water and 4 saltines all day yesterday, so coffee is a total upgrade...
Anyway, I hope that does not bode disaster for the rest of the year!


Post a Comment

<< Home