My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Home at last!!!

Ok, I know I've been quiet of late, but not really...or should I say, I've been quiet but life hasn't been. We've found a home to BUY!!! No more renting, no more insecurity! Ok, so it's in Wisconsin, and it's cold there...but it has one of those outdoor woodstoves with a thermostat, you know, the kind you stoke once or twice a day and you're warm? It is cordwood and really nice...It IS rustic, but then again we're the rustic type, so it fits us and we fit it. We're getting up the down (anyone want to help? send donations to akiba@twinflames.com through paypal, we'll dedicate part of the home to you~I'll woodburn your name into the log walls! And take a pic to send to you so you KNOW I did it!!!) and the owner is working with us, payments will be a LOT less then we're paying here, for rent!!! It has 2 bedrooms, one is downstairs, one up, which could not be more perfect! Rob and I can take the downstairs and Robbin the up. The bathroom is also downstairs YAY. We plan to move at the end of next month. They made it with wheelchair access in mind, so the doors are sliding, not swinging, and the doorways wide. It is only 4 years old and made with quality parts. I am SO happy and So psyched!! We will have QUIET, we had the trains in Martinsburg, and the Interstate right next to us here, it is NEVER quiet. We'll take the cats and doggy, hopefully a few of the chickens, we can always start over there with chicks. There are 2 1/2 acres so there's ample room for chickens. We'll also take our breeder rabbits, the rest will come too, in the freezer...
There is a "barn", a 14x70 mobile that was "converted" (read - gutted) as they also had chickens, and goats. So I guess we'll get a goat or two as well!
We want to start a peaceful place, so people can come and pitch a tent and stay a while, relax, get healed and rested. We will build on, so eventually there will be rooms you can come visit and stay in. And we're going to build a spa/jacuzzi room as well! There is a sawmill not far away so materials will be easy to get. All we need is a bit more $$...and I KNOW that will come! It is all falling SO *right-into-place*, it HAS to!! We can easily afford the monthly, it is just the down and moving costs we need to attain. We even already have a lot of the down...just a little way to go!!!
I'll tell more as there is more to tell.
Meantime, the MS is doing well, the knee hurts like hades but I get along. If we can come up with the $ I will fly out instead of overextending myself with the drive. We'll see.
Quiet again! Northern Lights again! BIG stars again! I look forward to the peace again.

2 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Congrats! But Wisconsin!?

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisconsin?????

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home