My Photo
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Thursday, June 05, 2008


The saga of the ages...OK, so here's the deal. Rob is over on the East coast, dropping off Mike (aka Unkle Mikey) Some friends want him to swing by (swing by means go to Joisey for a day or two, to do readings and such). SO>>>>since our van is kinda on it's last, we decided Rob should go there by bus, then come home from there, also by bus (we have a friend who will buy the van, he is a crack mechanic *not that he does crack, he doesn't* and could fix anything) SO>>> I look up schedules on the net, and go to buy him a ticket from Hagerstown Md to Easton, Pa (closest stop to where our friends are). I input my numbers and get an error code. Oops. So I call the number it told me to call. They have NO record of the purchase, no confirmation number, nuttin', nada, niente. While I am listening to their extremely obnoxious elevator muzak, I check my bank account and find...they took the $!! So, I tell the lady, and she directs me to another phone #. So, I call it. To make a LOOOONG story short (don't worry, it gets better) I finally get a refund for my $. Oh, BTW, they has also charged me an additional $18 because *my* name was on the card, not Rob's.
SO>>>Rob shows up at the bus station this morning, he is #6 on the list, ohboyohboy. So of course, he gets bumped!!!!! Only one person got on the bus, and she had the #7! She just muscled her way onto the bus and left. Meanwhile, a near riot breaks out at the bus station, people screaming, fighting, yelling...but not getting anywhere! They tell Rob he can take the next bus, which leaves at noonish. So he does. Gets to Baltimore. There, they take his ticket, and put him on the Washington DC!!!They tell him that they had overbooked that bus as well (apparently that had overbooked ALL the buses!) and the only way he stands a chance of getting on to a bus to Philly (to connect with the bus to Easton) is to go to DC and take the bus back to Baltimore to get the connection. Problem is, they took his ticket! SO>>>when he gets to DC, they tell him his ticket is "broken" and he has to buy another ticket!!! By this time he has been on the road for 10 hours, and sez thehellwithit, I'll drive! They, of course, won't change the destination of his ticket, and he is forced to buy another ticket so he can get back to where he started!!! While in DC, someone got so irate, they set the place on fire, police called, everyone "questioned" and searched!!!
When he gets back to Baltimore, there apparently has been someone on one of the buses that was very ill (like TB kinda ill) the place is cordoned off, swat team, hazmat team...looks like a scene out of the Blues Brothers!!!
SO>>>he *finally gets back to Hagerstown, tired, hot, hungry...he'll take the van up tomorrow then head home, I guess we'll trade the van in when he gets here...he said he will NEVER get on another greyhound bus, he'd rather walk!!!
What I don't understand is...HOWTHEHELL are they still in business??????
And that, believe it or not, is the nutshell!!! There were a LOT of nuts inside!
Oh, and here's another nut for the shell...a cashew (guzhundheit)..his ticket was refundable, and when he asked about that, they told him that they were a franchise and didn't have to do a darn thing greyhound told them to do and they weren't going to give them anything, other then sell him another ticket! When he gets back and I have ticket numbers, I am going to make sure my voice is heard!!! This is an outrage, a total disgrace, they have NO RIGHT to treat people like that!


Post a Comment

<< Home