My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Rocky

Last night we had rabbit for dinner. It was yummy, and when we were done Rob wanted to take the bones out for the kitties. He took them out to the driveway, joking "we don't want raccoons on the porch"
Ha-ha
A few hours later, at dusk, I see what at first I take to be a cat approaching the plate. Now, I know Kali-ka has had her share, I take it to be Razzie because she is the biggest cat. I know she's been at the plate, figured she's coming for seconds. But no. that's no cat...it's a raccoon! And a HUGE one at that!!! S/he must have gone #35-#40!!! I watched it take some and retreat, then come back...this time it didn't retreat but just sat there chowing down. I went to the bottom of the stairs and called to Rob (upstairs watching TV with Robbin) and told him. Well, we have chicks and rabbits and don't cotten to no varmints 'round cheer...so he got the 12 gauge single shot and came down. Of course as soon as we opened the door it took of, but he got off a blast and almost got it...it was on the run and almost dark out, the fact he got so close was pretty good marksmanship...he later found some 3" magnum #2 buckshot for my 20 gauge, so next time I won't be a'wastin' time calling for the menfolk but I'll load both barrels and blast away...iffen you think I can't shoot, BTW, I was a marksman in the NRA at 11...so yes I CAN shoot...and will muahahahahaaaaaaaa
Well, on a different note, today is my initial appt with my new GP. I hope I like her. My neighbor says she likes her, so that it an optimistic start...
The kittens have reached the "popcorn" stage...we're starting to wean them. the one that is spoken for (named Chizzle) is such a cutie, they will adore him...he is rambunctious and playful and adorable. The ones we're keeping are too, but I'm glad I'll be giving them a great little kitten...that always feels good...

1 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

"I was a marksman in the NRA at 11...so yes I CAN shoot"


Dammit woman, where were YOU when I was hunting for a wife! Instead, I got me a Manhattan Lady who frowns upon firearms. Now I just shoot my mouth off on the porch.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home