My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Bugz

I think one thing I hadn't thought about is bugs...there are no fleas or roaches, which is great, but there are something they call "potato bugs" which look like ladybugs but are solid red, no spots, nothing really bad about them except there are tons of them. Their "season" apparently is over, I don't see them now, but when we first got here they were profuse. Now we're dealing with ticks. Fortunately they are the big black ones, not the itty bitty red ones that carry Lymes. With MS all I'd need would be Lymes...At first it was EEWWW get it OFF me!!!, now I just detach them (if they've bitten) and calmly dispose of them. We DO do "tick check"s pretty much daily. I haven't found any on the cats but I've found plenty on US!! They don't bother me as much now, but I DO still feel the creepy-crawlies when I find one. I hear their "season" is almost over YAY. And there are 'skeeters that could carry off a cow...there were big 'skeeters in Northern NY as well, so that's no surprise, especially as we have swamp very nearby. They don't seem to be going after me as much as Rob, which is unusual. Saw our first deer yesterday. I mean here on our land, we've seen plenty by the roadside, but these were out in the field chowing on the lush grass.
So far my MS is not acting up at all, I feel the LDN really helps and wish everyone with MS could benefit from it as well. My knee, on the other hand, is extremely painful. I have a Dr's appt next Thursday, I don't know how the system works here, if I'll need a reference to go to a "bone Dr" or not, I'll find out then I suppose. I really need a cortisone shot in that knee. Well what I REALLY need is a new knee but I'm a wuss about that and will try anything to stave it off. They have this stuff called "synvisc", I'm going to try that if I can. It is supposed to re-lubricate knee joints, almost like rebuilding the cartilage. I don't care how it works, I just hope it works. This pain sucks big time. Even just standing to cook or shower is huge pain, forget excersize. I'd love to be able to climb stairs again or go for a walk. I'd love to be able to walk around our property, see the plants, smell the roses as it were...but I can't even get down the three steps to get off the porch without help and pain. That's just.....wrong, somehow. I'm too young to be in this much pain, too young to be this old...I want to be able to go out and collect eggs when the "girls" get old enough to lay. Maybe by then something will happen and I can. It is my hope, my prayer, to get my legs functional again.
"nuff of that, I don't want to get into a pity party, I don't have any party favors...

2 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

As a Minnesota Son ... I can corroborate your story about the Skeeters. I hear we are planning to ship them overseas as an anti-aircraft military weapon.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

hi there...i found your blog today while i was meandering about trying to find others who have MS and are willing to write about it. i just got diagnosed just a little over a week ago. i have added your site to my links and hope to visit you often!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home