My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, June 01, 2007

The Chicks

These are light brahman pullets, and they added an extra chick, they gave me a white polish, she's the one in the food dish. I'm using a salt lamp as their heat lamp, this gives them the added benefits of the salt lamp *and* provides the heat these chicks need. So far they're doing splendidly. We have about 25 or so. In about 5-6 months we'll have our big brown eggs again YAY! Meantime, a neighbor is selling me some of her eggs...it's fun because she has so many different types of laying birds, from chickens to ducks to turkeys, even a few colored egg layers, so we never know what we're getting...I must say that the duck eggs are a bit "gamey" or so said Rob, I've not had one yet...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home