My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Chuck

Today I am in mourning. Last night I found out that one of the sweetest people ever known is gone. Chuck was paralyzed from the waist down, but that never slowed him down. I knew him as a brother, and friend. I am at a loss. He was the soul of sweetness and generosity and love. The world is a sadder place without him.
Chuck is the man who made my engagement ring, so I do have a small part of him always with me. He was a fabulously talented jeweler. He came to me many years ago and asked me how to wire-wrap. I taught him the pitifully little I know, and he took it from there to go on to create so many wonderful, spiritual pieces of wearable art. He left simple wire wrapping behind, and worked with precious metals in a way no-one else ever has, and I am proud to have a few of his pieces. He was, aside from that, also an incredible friend. I met him many, many years ago at a place called "Celebrations", which was a monthly gathering at a friends home in the woods, where we would all bring ourselves and our talents to share with others. Example, if you were a masseuse, you would bring your table and offer massages. If you were a writer, you could speak on your books. Everything was free, and to be shared. People brought pot-luck food and drink. Some people went and camped there for the weekend, some went for the day. And it was there that Chuck and my paths crossed. He came to my shop, and we, well, we just really hit it off. He was So gentle a person, not a mean bone in his body. I will always miss him. His passing was, mercifully, quick. it is the rest of us for whom it is now painful, and will be, always.
Good bye dear friend, dear brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home