My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

We've already stared the fireworks...

4:15 this morning I hear a sound. So I sit up and look out, it is already light out. I wait. Finally I see the raccoon, the big one that has eluded Rob for three shots so far. He is (as you can see....HUGE) I know I can take out the window screen and wait, and I'll stand a good chance of getting a clear shot. Nice way to wake everyone up :-) So I wait, and watch, as Rocky comes dangerously close to getting into the chicken coop (never would have made it, I may be old and slow but my bullets aren't). Then Rocky goes across the grass toward the house. Out of my line of vision. So I come to the front of the house, near the garden.
The other day I had some old grapes in the fridge. I tossed them out to compost in the garden. Rob said "you should put them in the compost bucket, the way they are they might attract raccoons"
Yeah, so guess where ol' Rocly was? Just a-chompin' on those grapes. About 6 feet away from me, and looking me right in the eye. So I guess I "baited" him...I know I can't open the window without spooking him...
So I go and get Rob, tell him if he goes upstairs he'll have a clear shot...I figure after missing him 3x, Rob deserved to administer the coup-de-gras. He takes my gun up and sure 'nuff, perfect shot. He unloaded both barrels (his gun is a single barrel, mine is a twin side-by-side) and no more Rocky. Helluva way to start the 4th of July weekend...
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

OMG! You weren't kidding that is was HUGE. Wow... However, I think it's hilarious that Rob is in his robe holding up a big ol raccoon. LOL :D

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home