My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

sad

I don't know if you knew this, but I am not the first Mrs Michels, Rob had a previous marriage. Well we got word today that the former Mrs Michels has passed. She was not very old, but she had been in poor health for a long time. Rob is, understandably, very sad. Funny thing is, we were talking about her just this afternoon, I was saying I am grateful to her for letting him go so I could join with him. Rob is taking this a bit harder then he thought he would. I will give him the space he needs. I love him, it hurts to see him hurting. He is upstairs, I think he is going over memories, releasing her, saying his goodbye. I have a candle lit for them both. I never met her, even though we lived in the same very small northern NY town for a few months. This was only last year. All I knew was she had kept his last name, and I had to tell the post office that there were two Mrs. Michels in town, that she had to go by the initial to know who the mail was for. Rob has been thinking of going up to NY for a day to get stuff from our storage unit there. He was going to go maybe Friday. Now I don't know if he's going to want to go. If he doesn't, well, then he doesn't. Storage can wait.
MS...the Dr has me back on Neurontin, and believe it or not, it is actually helping! It is relieving the heat related pain. The Dr has given me pretty much free reign as to how much I take, since he has given me 90 600mg strength pills as a one month perscription. He said to start with 300, then go up as needed, up to 3 ~ 600's a day if I want! WOW That's a LOT of Neurontin. Needless to say I won't be taking the whole bottle in one month. Probably not in two or three months either.
Anywhoo, I'm off to see if I can get Rob to eat a wee bit more, he didn't have much for dinner and I know he needs something more in his tummy. I might make him some spicy soup...that usually helps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Karen Tobin and i would like to show you my personal experience with Neurontin.

I have taken for 4 months. I am 54 years old. Was taking 1800 mg per day for pain, numbness and scalp soreness. It helped immensely and right now am weaning off of it taking 300mg two times daily with no noticeable side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Drowsiness and dizziness.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Karen Tobin

Neurontin Prescription Information

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home