My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Last night

Ok, Y'all know that heat messes with one, with MS. Well, we live in a big old house with no A/C. Well at least it HAD none, there was an old, small window unit that Rob managed to revive for me, altgough a wee bit too late. I endd up in the E.R. last night, from heat exhaustion. The Dr. there is an idiot. There are a few choice words that preclude "idiot" in that statement but I'll let your imagination fill them in for me. For one thing, he said he has never perscibed IV steroids bfore...What??? Am I the only MS's in WV to have an exascerbation...ever?!?!? So he called the Neuro (at 1 a.m on July 4th...niiiice...) and came back and said the Neuro has told him that heat can/will not cause an MS flair. WHAT??? If that's the answer, my Neuro is FIRED. So sum total, the guy sent me home, didn't do diddly, and told me to follow-up with the Neuro. I will not go into the lack of compassion in that E.R except to say that unless I am DYING do NOT take me there again, for ANY reason.
SO anywhoo, the Neuro called me this morning, wants to see me tomorrow, and said OF COURSE heat can cause an MS flair! So the E.R Dr Lied his arse off, he was so totally out of his league that he resorted to LYING! *pshaw*
Anywhoo, the house has been maintaining at about 80*, and with the piddly A/C I ca keep it closer to 72* which is acceptable, and Rob is going to get me a fan today (if Walmart is open that is) and I'll put it in front of the A/C and hope that helps spread the coolth around :-)
What, you ask, happened to cause me to even go to the Hospital in the first place? An almost total shut-down of my right side, the only thing "working" anywhere, besides an almost scary mental clarity, was my left arm. Everything else just had no control, no strength at all. Fortunately bladder control did not leave me (with MS it often does, I've ben fortunate so far).
Anywhoo, that's that, I'll keep y'all updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home