My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Dysfunkshun

OMG's it's HOT again! I'm meeeelting....
I was thinking about Brook Shields and her PPD (Post-Partum Depression). I, too, had PPD, for about 5 years. I was in denial of it, of course, and didn't resort to treatment for way longer then I should have. Finally, I did go to the Dr and was diganosed as having "pretty much every possible symptom" of depression. I would cry, all the time, for no apparent reasom. the only area I lacked was being suicidal. And that was close by. I just hadn't quite gone there yet. SO when Brookie says she had it, PLEASE Mr Tom "I've birthed many babies" Cruz, BELIEVE IT. I think his "denouncing" her for having taken meds for it is irresponsible and best, possibly harmful at worst. When I finally *did* go on an antidepressive, it still took a long time, but then again I had been depressed for years, and Rome wasn't built in a day. Takes a long time to rebuild yourself when you let it go for so long. I know that depression is a symptom for MS, and I do think I already had it (MS), but I think my depression came from other sources as well. My "mother", for one. I will spare you the sordid details. My inability to breastfeed, I KNOW that was a biggie, here I wait till I am 43 to have a baby, and since I was always told that with my "natural endowments" if I ever had a "kid" s/he wouldn't starve to death, and here I was, 43, new baby, big...endowments...and the trauma they caused with the birthing process caused my milk to not come in. So, big boobs, but empty ones. I was unable to provide nourishment for my baby. It devastated me. On MANY levels. IF I had...HAD...gone to seek professional help before, my son would not have spent the first 5 years of his life thinking that crying was a normal thing for Mommies. So shame on you, Tom. Shame on you.
stay cool everyone. When a few paychecks have come in I think I'm going to talk to Rob about maybe getting a fully functional a/c (this one is glitchy at best) and next paycheck a few more fans, at least. Summer still has a long way to go before it cools for fall. Now I know wha they call it "fall", the temp falls...the leaves fall...beer consumption falls...Niagra falls....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home