My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Good Christian ~ A Christmas Story (and a true one at that)

One of the reasons I follow the Spiritual path that I follow is because I had SO many so-called "Good Christians" screw me over without remorse or hesitation. Now, I never stopped believing that they exist...REAL "Good Christians" and my faith was rewarded. I ran into an actual one today. In word and deed.
Now, here is the background story:
The other day my dryer went kaput. Elaine mentioned it might be something simple like a belt. SO this morning I awoke to Robbin's Christmas present parked out back...Rob home.
So, Rob decided to check out the dryer and manages to cut the power to the whole house. oookkkaaayyy...except we find two outlets that still have power, so we plug the fridge into one of them. Our water pump is battery powered so we always have water (not to mention we have an artesian well out front). And I cook with propane so that is also something I never have to worry about.
Anyway, after a bit of trying to figure out the power problem, I call a friend and ask him if he knows of any local electrician. Now, remember, this is Christmas Eve, so any electrician is going to charge through the nose, but what else can we do?
Anywhoo....Tony calls back and sez to call this guy Hank (coincidentally, my Father's name). I do. He comes out. He fixes the problem. And he looked totally blank when Rob asked him how much do I owe you? He finally said, well, you can give me $5 for gas. Rob (of course) doesn't have any cash on him, neither did I, so off to the bank they go. Rob gave him $20 and he lit up like a Christmas tree and said "Now I can buy a gift for my Mom!" (now mind you this guy is MY age). Now for the Christian part...I know he is one and attends the cute little Church where they did Rita's memorial service. He talked about it and told us we should go and how they are truly Spiritual, not Catholic, not Protestant/Methodist/You-Name-It. Just Spiritual. Told Robbin he needs to go so HE can ALSO get to know "Our Lord Jesus Christ" I assured him Robbin has his Spirituality well under control.
Now, I will tell you I *do* know several REAL "Good Christians" online (Kate? Marianne?) but very few, if ANY, in "real" life. This guy is my Christmas Miracle. A total stranger, only bound by a single common thread (Tony) and yet he treated me like a long-lost sister. He would have happily walked away without a dime in payment, because we were in need of something he could provide. SO...I tip my (pointy black) hat to this one, honest, for real...True Christian. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home