My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Silver Lining

The visit is over, and Robbin is back in Pa. And now this:
As I am sure you are aware, this whole situation with Robbin has been very difficult for me, on many levels. The reason I allowed him to go to school there was because I was convinced that the schools there were better equipped to deal with someone with Robbin's particular brand of brilliance. There were several private schools to choose from (the school district pays the tab) (in this case it exceeds 50k a year) but one shone more brilliantly then the others. That school is called Pathways. They keep their student body small, and are very selective as to who they accept. They get, on average, over 600 applications annually and accept only about 5%. Well, we got the call...Robbin is in!! They LOVED him, and even the teachers went to the meeting to plead his case (We want this child HERE! we WANT to work with him, he is a joy!) which is *very* usual...
So, he will start a week from Monday (takes that long to complete the rest of the paperwork, make his IEP, and get the bus scheduled for him) I am VERY impressed by the people, and will even be able to have phone/email contact with his teachers, so I will be able to follow his progress daily. And of course, as soon as I can move down there, and get a place within the school district, he will be living with me again! YAAY!!!
I am SO proud of my little man...he really impressed them, and made them fall instantly in love with him...this is the BEST school of it's type *in the country*! They get students from California, New York, even the Bahamas, because of their superior facilities and programs. Kind of like getting in Harvard...or a Montessori, but better and totally designed for HIM and HIS needs.
AH, finally some good news in this deep, dark winter...
And speaking of the winter, this one being especially harsh, even for here, I have to say something that will probably make you gasp...
I owe CK a huge debt of gratitude. Yes, I am saying this in public! Why? Because if she had not done what she did, when she did it, we would still be in the cabin. And while that is not necessarily a bad thing, this winter is very very cold and poor Rob would be working his arse off every day with the chopping wood/shoveling snow/trying to keep the pantry stocked bit...and it would be worse then last year by far, and the winter is far from over! The "january thaw" was today. Yes, ONE day, and the "thaw" brought us all the way up to the high 20's. Not exactly a "thaw" in MY book!!!!
And Robbin would not be going to the most excellent school he will be going to. So, CK, Thank you.
And as a FYI for y'all, she and I are getting along very very well, even Rob and I are talking and acting like adults...civilized, even! Robbin, of course, is delighted at all of the above...he is SO thrilled at the school he could burst...as could we all...This school treats not just the child, but all facets of the child...mental/physical/emotional, and even Spiritual! They have three "Zen" rooms the kids can chill out in if they need a little Q.T., which is awesome. I am SO looking forward to touring the school myself, meantime the website will have to do...
Oh Lordy! Is that my neighbor snoring? Or is there an angry bull outside? Geez! That is scary!!! Oh my......I thought I was bad.....
Well, it is time for bed. Nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home