My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life...and loss...on the farm.

Good thing about the internet blog is, your tears don't stain the paper.
the day after I posted those pics of my beautiful Maxx, he went out for a walk and hasn't come back. It has been over a week, he is either stolen, starving or in Spirit. Granted, he was gone for 14 days last fall, but the longer he is gone, the more I fear that those pics are all I have left of him.
Second loss...our camera died today, so no more pics for awhile, until I can afford to replace it.
Now for the life part...we have decided that this farm needs a dog, so I am actively seeking one (using Craigslist and local e-groups) Got a few "bites" (maybe shouldn't use that term when talking about a dog) We need to find one that is poultry-friendly ("Fowl are Friends, not Food") since we don't want Fido chomping down on the ducks or chickens...Fido needs to defend them, not eat them. Maybe that will also help take my mind off Maxx (but that's not why we're doing it, that would be wrong) One email I got was about a nice, young (under a year) black lab mix, female, spayed, potty trained and they say an all around sweetie. They got her when wifey was preggers, so the pup and the kid could grow up together, of course now that boo-baby is here they're realizing how much work a baby is and poochy is being ignored, so they're looking for a good home for her. Don't know if that's "the one" yet, waiting for pics and to chat with her humans. One dog that was offered is a St. Bernard, "very sweet" but chomped on a stray cat (*not* a good sign) so she's out...the search continues...will let you know what and when (sorry, no pics).
Looks like Rob might be going East again, to do more work. This time...NO BUSES!!!
Please send prayers/vibes/light candles or whatever you do best for Maxx to come home.
Well, I think we're found out pup. She's a 4-year-old Rottie, cute as can be and perfect for our farm. I'm waiting for her mama to call or email, she did send some pics and it was love at first sight. 'Course we had a rottie/lab mix when I was preggers, called Mitzi. She could never "get it" that she shouldn't boss her way past me in doorways, especially the one that led to the (steep) stairs going into the garage. So we let Jimmy take her, it was supposed to be until the baby was born, but Jimmy, being Jimmy, let her run, knowing full well that the road he lived on was dangerous, and of course, she had an encounter with a Mac truck and lost. Broke my heart. Jimmy had lost several of his critters to the road (we found out alas too late). We still talk about her, even 10 years later. I have always had a soft spot for rotties and boxers. I hope we get her. I'll let you know. If it is to be, it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home