My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Update time

Robbin is here, has been for almost 2 weeks *happydance* It has been pure bliss having him here. Rob and I finally have started mending fences. *she* and I have, as well. I only refer to her as *her* and *she* to protect her privacy, BTW. Though I might refer to her as CK (NOT her initials, BTW). We have been doing a LOT of talking. We have decided that what the court ordered was just plain unacceptable...what they wanted was, yes, for Robbin to have me 1 week, Rob the next...BUT, Robbin was supposed to travel back and forth from Florence to Philly EVERY WEEK, go to school here, AND there! So, ANY time off he had for weekend fun would ALL be spent traveling! Two sets of friends, 2 sets of teachers, of lessons, TWO homes..just NOT healthy in any way for my growing boy! Not to mention...sense of security? Not possible. And That is unacceptable. In every way. And let us not forget that the roads here are treacherous in Winter...SO, we have decided that Robbin will be going down to Rob's place and going to school there. The school there is way better equipped to handle Robbin, the one here would have to hire people especially FOR him, and since their resources are limited at best, Gawd knows who would end up teaching him? Whereas THERE, they have the resources, and the people already in place. So, it is best for Robbin to go there. Which means, after Sat I will only see him on teleconference, until Spring Break, when he comes to me (or I go down there and visit).
Another consideration, and a big one, is the weather. Here it is frigging COLD, the last few days if he were going to school here, he'd be waiting for the bus in -15* cold! Yes, that is MINUS 15*!!!! Dang! And today it is snowing..>ALL DAY...and do you think they called school off? nope.
Now, I am going to stay here, at least for now. We already have the divorce well under way, and by me staying here, we should be signing the final papers mid April. If I were to move there, we'd all have to start all over again, and divorce in Pa can take up to TWO years!! So I will stay here, and teleconference with Robbin there, and after the papers are signed and the ink dry I will move there. This gives us a few months to find a place for me there, and save for the move. At that time, Robbin will come live with me, with Rob having very liberal visitation...I need to find a place near them, so Robbin can easily go back and forth, and be in the same school district he is entering now. The aim is for Robbin to have BOTH parents nearby, and be able to establish a solid sense of security. So, yes, the next few months will be the longest, and darkest, and letting him go is the hardest thing I have ever done. But there *finally* is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have to do, as a parent, what is best for my son. And it is not right if I say that then do something that is not the best thing for him, and in his best interest. So that is what I am doing. Gods I start crying just thinking about it. I don't want him to go. But he will be happier there, and his growth will be better taken care of by the schools there. It hurts. It breaks my heart. But it is not about ME or my heart, but about HIM and his growth and his potential, which will be better nurtured by the schools there then they ever could here.
MS-wise I am surprisingly even. And I went to the Dr for a check-up, and am now off ALL meds! Only thing I still take is motrin as needed. I no longer need meds for diabetes, or BP, or anything! My blood came back perfect, and we did a pap, also perfect...so I am the healthiest crip on the block...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home