My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Lord of the Flies

One of the fun things if having a cow pasture right next door. We have more flies buzzing around then I can tell you! We've used fly strips, and finally resorted to chemical warfare...all to no avail. Every morning when I am trying to sleep they buzz and buzz...they have the uncanny knack of landing on any speck of exposed flesh...again and again....I HATE sleeping with the covers over my head but there is no choice...if even as much as the tip of my nose is exposed they find it. SO, I have something coming that should thwart their efforts...Mosquito netting! I got one for our bed, one for Robbin's bed, and a spare for just-in-case's. the ducks are growing and they do all they can to eat as many flies and other assorted bugs as they can, but it is a daunting task even for the most experienced duck.
Now, for some good news...Our website is back up!!! New website name is HealingRob
My email is akiba@healingrob.com, Rob's is rob@healingrob.com. I also still have the gmail address and the aol address of course, but this will be, finally, a renewal of our ability to do readings and healings through our site. Rob and I are both now Reiki Masters as well, aside from our own "brand" of Healing. Rob has been reading for asknow.com (I believe I included a link to it in a previous post) and getting totally rave reviews and fabulous feedback.
Dinner tonight: mixed beans (black beans and black-eyed peas) with zesty tomatoes and cheese smoked sausage...baked as a casserole, served over rice. It's one of our new favorite meals...I use different beans or different sausages (sometimes brats). Very easy, very yummy, very nutritious. The zesty tomatoes are chopped canned 'maters with jalapeno, I find them in the canned 'mater section, Always have several cans on hand it is Such a versatile ingredient! Sometimes I do it in the crockpot, sometimes just in a casserole dish...always very good!
When Rob and Robbin were going to the store today they saw a black bear with cub!! At the end of our road, where it meets with the main road, about 1 1/2 miles away!! WOW!
Well off to make that rice...

1 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

I find that if you keep the room where you sleep as close to Absolute 0 K as possible, they tend not to fly at all. HAH! You can sweep them up and toss them to the gaping maws of the ducklings. Of course, you wake every morning with a stuffy nose, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to accept.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home