My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Feliz Cinco de Mayo

Well the ol' chrystler new yorker is no more. We traded it in yesterday for better gas mileage. We did fairly well, we paid $600 for it and drove it for a year and got $200 on the trade. It had several things drastically *wrong* with it, the drive axel, pooped, the front brakes...pooped, the head gasket...pooped...so we now have a '91 mazda...not pooped. Cute l'il thang gets about 1,000 to the gallon, vs the maybe 18 we *were* getting. And Rob can use it for his carpet cleaning biz, it is a hatchback and will fit the equipment as well as any other vehicle. I think it is the first white car I've had. And my insurance went down. I like that. I will miss the big car ride the other car had but I won't miss the not being able to pass a gas station part. (you know...it'll pass anything but a gas station).
I am stressed about it to a degree, some bills will be late, and I hate that. Can't do anything about it right now, and we Had to get a car, the new yorker would not pass inspection. I know that stressing over it won't help, and it won't solve the problem. So I await the Will of G-d. I know we will be Ok, but it is hard to maintain that thought when I look at the bills and the balances. I know Rob will get some carpet work or some readings done or some one will make a donation and it will all pass. At least now we DO have reliable transportation! I think it is 4 wheel drive, too, so that's even better.
Anyway, enough bellyaching. It is a sunny, warm day out, the chickens are doing wonderfully, the garden is coming along, and I am going to make a huge pot of French Onion soup for dinner. Yum. So it isn't *all* bad :-) I just tend to be a worrywart, not a good thing for someone with MS. The LDN is still doing well, I am drinking copious quantities of Kombucha tea, and we're going to be getting some Kefir grains (donated) in the mail soon. I look forward to trying it. I hope I like it as much as the Kombucha, which I Love! SO healthwise I'm Ok. Rob and Robbin are both in radiant health, for which I am eternally grateful!!
I think I'm going to go play Age of Mythology for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home