My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Avon and stuff

Ok, I confess, I have become an Avon Lady. I like saving money, and might even make a buck or two. I had sent for some mineral make-up (you know the kind, you see their infomercials all day every day). While the product is nice, the price is outrageous, and when you order the trial, you're automatically "enrolled" in their "plan", Their plan is, sending you $50 of products every month or so. But you know what REALLY ticked me off? When they send you the regular shipment, there is no blush (what they call "warmth") so either you spend even MORE money and but it seperately, or you look like a ghost. Well I found that Avon has the SAME stuff, at less then 1/2 of the price, and you order it when YOU WANT it, it does not come automatically nor does it cost you $50 a month. AND they have more variety in their colors, even have a lovely smoky plum duo eyeshadow, that looks absolutely awesome on me :-)
And the "new" Avon gives me a website so you can order right from there, and my little business can be anywhere and everywhere, no stock to have to have on hand, no deliveries to make. I like that.
It is hard for me to get out and go shopping, so I appreciate the convenience of having quality, well priced items delivered to me.
OK, there's my pitch :-)
In other news, it is still winter here. Deep winter. And arse deep in snow. I look forward to Spring, and being sprung from here.
My MS is doing great, thanks to LDN. I have also recently started taking supplements to combat Candida. I had it, and beat it once. But apparently it is back, so I will fight it, and beat it, again.
Oh, and I'm a blonde now. REALLY blonde. And while I'm not having more fun, not yet anyway, I like it. Makes me think Spring is near...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home