My Photo
Name:
Location: Crescent City, Fl, United States

I am 60, have MS, am an avid cook, love making candles (soy) and watching the endless parade of Nature outside my home. I treat the MS with supplements and LDN, I do not use any of the C.R.A.B. MS meds, we don't get along well. I was married for 13 years, we were together for 15. We are now divorced. Sad, that. I do still love him, but ONLY as the father of my baby. Better to keep it civil, hurts the child(ren) less that way, but is oh-so-hard to do sometimes.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

knee

Well it seems I'm in for a ride, in more ways then one. For one, the Dr's are going to try to get me a scooter or chair. For another, I'm going to the Ortho next month, seems my right knee has something "beyond neurological" wrong with it. All I know is I can hardly walk anymore on it, the pain is terrible. The other night it was SO bad I was literally screaming in pain, I took a flexoril to try to mitigate it, no use, finally Rob wanted to take me to the ER but I refused to go, it was a very cold night and I was Not going to wake up my son to go wait in a sitting room while they figured out that there was nothing they could do. So out of frustration Rob gave me two..TWO...vicodin, well, within 20 mins I was asleep. But the pain persists. If I just sit and try to not use it, the pain is manageable. I do have to take extra neurontin to help, still nowhere near the allowed dosage though. Heck if I took the recommended dosage I would not be able to type this, to be sure!
I've gone on to eBay and got a magnetic knee brace on the way, and an ankle brace, since I am pretty sure that part of the reason that the knee is injured has to do with my right foot/ankle pronating So badly that it looks almost like I am walking on the ankle! I think that is throwing the knee off to the point of injury. The left leg, TG, is fine. The right calf is atrophying visibly. I think, heck I'm pretty sure, they're going to want to do surgery, but on what I am not sure, the ankle? the knee? both? neither? My appointment is March 20th, I am hoping the braces will help me get through till then.
Whether or not this is MS related, well, even the Neuro didn't know the answer to that. Maybe the ortho will?
Ortho....sounds like something to make your grass grow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home